[mapserver-users] Oracle Spatial and "styleitem auto"

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon May 25 08:20:57 EDT 2009

Jelmer Baas wrote:
> Tamas,
>
> Thanks to your url I managed to get it working. The performance is way
> better than I hoped! The only thing that doesn't seem to work is
> linewidth for (poly)lines. The style
> PEN(w:8px,c:#FF6A00) still draws a 1 or 2 pixel line. I tried using cm,
> pt, etc, but that doesn't change anything.

MapServer needs a circle symbol to use as a brush to render thick lines.
Try defining a symbol called "default-circle" in your symbolset, this
symbol should be used to render thick lines.

This is explained in the paragraph on "Line Thickness" at:
http://mapserver.org/input/vector/ogr.html#mapping-of-ogr-style-info-to-the-mapserver-class-members

A new WIDTH parameter has been added to the style object in recent
releases that removes the need for the circular brush, but that's not
supported yet by the STYLEITEM code... I'll need to add it.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/