[mapserver-users] openlayers in vs2005 website

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Mon May 25 11:17:45 EDT 2009

sunny74 wrote:

> I want to use openlayers javascript library for doing operations like pan
> zoom, rectangular select,tooltip etc.
> Pls tell me in detail i.e step by step. I am looking for detailed
> guidance/support in respect of this map display and I am ready for
> alternative arrangement other than this forum.
> If you r ready for alternative arrangement pls let me know I shall give u
> my email id.
>
> Pls reply ASAP.

Hi

i think you are in the wrong list then ;-)
Anyway if you need the basic things like pan, zoom, select etc OpenLayers
will brilliantly make the trick without needing to use any mapscript version
(.NET in your case).
In fact you will just need to cook a bit of JS, expose your map as WFS/WMS
and you will be ready.
I think you can manage the whole thing easily by reading this documentation:

OpenLayers doc: http://docs.openlayers.org/
OpenLayers samples: http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/
MapServer as WMS: http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html
MapServer as WFS: http://mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html

If you still need a consultant to do this for you i am available, drop me an
email and i will answer you

best regards
Paolo Corti