[mapserver-users] 5.4.0 installation problem

Adam Eskreis aeskreis at gmail.com
Wed May 27 18:14:53 EDT 2009

Hello all

I have mapserver almost full configured, however, I can't figure out how to
enable png support

I am certain that my installation of GD has png support.

When I run gdlib-config --libs, i get

-ljpeg -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpng12 -lz -lm /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so
-Wl,-r
path -Wl,/usr/local/lib

I assume this means that i have libpng installed properly

However, when I configure mapserver, at the end, it says nothing next to
"png support" in the rendering section.

I even included the --with-gd and --with-png arguments and still it will not
recognize libpng

what could I be doing wrong?  Any help is most apreciated.  Thank you.

-Adam