[mapserver-users] Re: Upgrading 5.2 -> 5.4 generating CGI error on IIS(5.1 and 6.0) ... Possible BUG?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri May 29 11:56:34 EDT 2009

Paul james wrote:
> Hi Daniel...
> I got the binaries from Tamas build :
> http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/Default.aspx
> And from MS4W 3.0 beta2...
> Same result with both...
>
> That error you got is my fault... I took off the :
> IMAGE "..\Map.png"
> from REFERENCE definition when copy the code to email...
>
> My application works fine with 5.2 binary in iis 5.1 and 6.0
> Just replacing with 5.4 binary I got that 502 error...

Hopefully you always make sure you update all DLLs as well when you
"replace with 5.4 binary"? Even if the DLLs have the same names, if they
come from different build environments or versions they may not be
compatible and could cause the kind of crashes that you are experiencing.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/