[mapserver-users] symbol problem

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:55:00 EST 2009

Dear Friends,

I have created a map file using QGIS and after that the symbols had to be
changed once.So I imported the symbols into QGIS and created a fresh map
file. But now again the symbols need to be changed and I followed the above
process.
But this time although symbols r getting imported into QGIS  and map is
created but it does not show up in the map. The smbols this time are a bit
bigger and do not confirm to a particular shape  like circle,ellipse etc.
The map file is showing symbol as "circle".

So where is the exact problem and how to overcome it.

The other issue is about how does mapserver know the path of the .svg file
when the only thing i.e written in the map file is "circle","ellipse".
How how it gets the entire path to the svg files for showing?

Thanks for ur reply.

Thanks for ur replies.