[mapserver-users] Tutorial on bounding boxes, lat/long for WMS (Google Maps & Mapserver)

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Tue Nov 3 11:41:28 EST 2009

  I'm looking for a recommendation on where to read up on bounding
boxes/etc.  I am wanting to extend a Google Map such that when a user
clicks that I will do a GetFeatureRequest against Mapserver to return
some details on that point.   Google Maps API returns me a lat/long and
zoom level.  I know I need to do some math to translate this to the
bounding box required by Mapserver, but don't yet know what that math
would be.

  Thanks for any recommendations.

http://groups.google.com/group/google-maps-api/browse_thread/thread/89457d87f77a7733/f8159784162ebe93

 Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
 rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
 http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

  manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
  portable media player from my cold dead hands!"