[mapserver-users] featurequery, TOLERANCE 0, find adjacent polygons?

Ted Spradley tspradley at snoogems.com
Wed Nov 4 11:31:14 EST 2009

Hi,

I want the user to select a polygon from the map, then return a hilited map
of the selected polygon as well as the adjacent polygons along with a list
of the names of each polygon.

I have all of the parts of my desired query functioning independently, but
not all in concert.

> featurequery: (layer A *must* be a polygon layer, version 5.4 supports
> LINE layers as well)
>   - find the first geometry that intersects point x,y in layer A and use
> it to select geometries that intersect it in layer B
>   - find the first geometry that intersects point x,y in layer A and use
> it to select geometries that intersect it in all other layers

Two questions:
1. With mode=featurequery, does setting TOLERANCE 0 in polygon layer B
return the adjacent polygons
    to the polygon return from layer A?
2. If I make a "mode=featurequery" with an img.x & img.y against a polygon
layer slayer=A, if I also specify qlayer=A will MapServer query layer A
first to find the polygon containing the point, then query layer A again to
find the intersecting (adjacent) polygons?

Thanks,
Ted S.