[mapserver-users] mapfile web object error

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Nov 6 12:33:36 EST 2009

There ERROR parameter has no effect in mapscript unless you choose to do so yourself. In that environment
you have total control over error messages.

The CGI is a different story. In that environment the ERROR parameter is used. It's also treated like a template
so you can pass the MapServer error buffer on to your default error page as an argument. For example you
could do something like:

WEB
  ERROR 'http://my.site.com/error.html?message=[errmsg_esc]'
END

and then in your page you could display the message or parse it to display a custom message.

Is that what you're after?

Steve