[mapserver-users] mapfile web object error

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Nov 6 16:34:36 EST 2009

Your error HTML page is not a template, MapServer doesn't process it. Rather it just redirects
users to it. As I mentioned you can customize the URL redirected to by passing additional
information like the error message generated by MapServer.

In your error page you'd have to use javascript or whatever to pluck that info off the query
string and display it on your page. This is totally outside MapServer. If your error page was
a PHP page you could do it there. Does that make sense?

Steve