[mapserver-users] Re: MS4W Beta 7 -- Python-Mapscript -- queryByRect strange behavior

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Nov 10 17:13:58 EST 2009

Christian Jauvin wrote:

> Now I really tried to figure how to upgrade my < 5.6 code with the new
> query mechanism that you added in 5.6, but (1) I couldn't find enough
> documentation/example about the issue (I understand it is pretty new)
> and (2) couldn't make enough sense of what I read in the MS 5.6 C
> source that I downloaded. I cannot even figure out the exact arguments
> to the method (as they are not explictly stated in the SWIG generated
> code).

I do not have an example just now, but the arguments to
resultsGetShape() should be the same as for the older getShape() method.
In the SWIG versions of MapScript:

int resultsGetShape( shapeObj shape, int tileindex, int shapeindex )

(See also http://mapserver.org/mapscript/mapscript.html#mapscript-classes)

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/