[mapserver-users] msProcessProjection(): Projection library error.

Aypes apestgas at yahoo.com.hk
Wed Nov 11 22:10:40 EST 2009

Dear all,

I think this problem is related to configuration of MapServer. So I post
this here.

I want to use tilecache with MapServer and Openlayers. When I used the
tilecache.cgi and tilecache.cfg provided by the original tilecache file, and
I tested it with
http://localhost/tilecache.py?LAYERS=basic&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-180,-90,0,90&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256
and get this result:
An error occurred: HTTP Error 407: Proxy Authentication Required

I have searched this error so many many times and could not find any
effective solution. I have tried this with and without mod_python.

So I created another layer, from my local mapfile, in the tilecache.cfg.
When I tested it (similar with layer basic),

http://localhost/tilecache.py?LAYERS=Background&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetMap&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=835250,817400,835430,817580&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256

it got the error:
An error occurred: msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. No such
file or directory
File "C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs\TileCache\Service.py", line 256, in
modPythonHandler host )........
.........File "C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\mapscript.py", line 1321, in __init__
this = _mapscript.new_mapObj(*args)

The mapscript.py cannot find the proj library. I just know to tune the
httpd.conf to let MapServer to find the module but I have no idea on telling
it to find the library.

Although if it can find the library, it may still render error 407. However,
I want to solve this problem. I think other things should be no
configuration problem except finding library and proxy authentication
problems. I use Windows XP, ms4w 5.4, and python 2.5.

Regards,
Aypes