[mapserver-users] only one SYMBOLSET ?????

Fawcett, David (MPCA) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Fri Nov 13 09:52:40 EST 2009

I believe that you can only specify one symbolset.  The behavior that you describe seems to back that up.

I don't know your use case and don't have any idea how it would perform (but that has never stopped me before...)

Since you can define a symbol explicitly in the map file and you can use INCLUDE to bring in other mapfile chunks at the time that your mapfile is parsed, you might be able create specific symbols for a particular application and bring in only the ones that you need using INCLUDE.

Of course, it may just be best to build custom symbol files for each application that only contain the symbols that you need.

David.