[mapserver-users] performance problem with ortho images

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Nov 16 09:01:24 EST 2009

Hi,

Oh yes, my images are always covering full mapsheets which are rectangles.  They are naturally polygons, even simple sort of, but in your case you should use more accurate methods for finding out which images from the 2 m tileindex file could be removed.  Idea remains the same, if you know beforehand that some images will be left under another image layer you can remove them from the tileindex so they are not wasting Mapserver processing time.  And the goal is to have only 2 layers:
2m data shows between scale 200k to 100k
2 m data + 20 cm data combined and unnecessary 2 m images removed show between 100k and 500.

Or then you can use just the second layer as "best available image".

Same tileindex file can contain images of both resolution, and in places where images are overlapping the one which has bigger fid (feature id) in the shapefile will be drawn last.

-Jukka-