[mapserver-users] outputformat problem in mapfile

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Nov 17 04:25:47 EST 2009

Hi,

I am serving mostly aerial images and I have not bothered to learn a lot about outputformats.  We are using standard jpeg or 24-bit png formats.  Rendering from vector data would be much more challenging, especially if band width should be kept low but quality high.  This is giving best quality and most network traffic with aerials:

 OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME "png24"
    MIMETYPE "image/png24"
    DRIVER "GD/PNG"