[mapserver-users] PHP mapscript $shape->buffer() takes a long time

Worth Lutz wal3 at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 17 13:22:03 EST 2009

I'm trying to buffer a shape returned from a point query on a polygon layer
of parcels.

When I try to use:

$bufferedShape = $shape->buffer(200);

I get back a fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded.

I know that this is a php error message and that I could increase the
allowable execution time.

If I use a buffer distance of 175 I get results.

Should it take such a long time to but a buffer around this parcel?  It is a
large parcel with one corner being a long curve like a quarter of a circle
and another section on one side being a half circle.