[mapserver-users] MapServer, WFS and Oracle

Jelmer Baas Baas at speerit.nl
Wed Nov 18 05:11:22 EST 2009

Hello list,

I'm trying to get MapServer running as a WFS server with an Oracle data
source. When using TAB files I have no problem, also using the Oracle
datasource and letting MapServer draw it (WMS) works properly.

However, the WFS request only returns one result (a correct one). My
total resulting XML is:
<wfs:FeatureCollection xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver
http://x.x.x/scripts/mapserv.exe?map=address.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0
.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=address&OUTPUTFORMAT=XMLSCHEMA">
<gml:boundedBy>
<gml:Box srsName="EPSG:4326">
<gml:coordinates>5.172200,52.038485 5.173701,52.038853</gml:coordinates>
</gml:Box>
</gml:boundedBy>
</wfs:FeatureCollection>

There should be more results (confirmed by the WMS image and by
monitoring the query in Oracle). I also set DUMP to true and
"gml_include_items" "all" in my layer METADATA, so I also expected more
fields. My layer definition is as follows:

	LAYER
		NAME address
		TYPE point
		CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
		DATA "GEOLOC FROM ADDRESS USING SRID 90112 VERSION 10g"
		CONNECTION "x/y at z"
		DUMP TRUE
		PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
		CLASS
			SYMBOL "circle"
			OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
			SIZE 6
			NAME "address"
		END
		PROJECTION
			"init=epsg:28992"
		END
		METADATA
			"wfs_title" "address"
			"wfs_srs" "EPSG:28992 EPSG:900913"
			"wms_title" "address"
			"wms_srs" "EPSG:28992 EPSG:900913"
			"gml_featureid" "ID"
			"gml_include_items" "all"
		END
	END

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm using MapServer 5.4.2 with Oracle
10g.

Regards,
Jelmer Baas