[mapserver-users] msWMSFeatureInfo(): Unsupported INFO_FORMAT value (text/html).

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Nov 23 09:38:46 EST 2009

The "wms_feature_info_mime_type" metadata should be at the map/web level.

You'll also need different templates for the HEADER, TEMPLATE and FOOTER
for your layers since all three serve a different purpose.

BTW, there was a thread about a similar issue on the openlayers-users
list on Friday, you should probably have a look:
http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2009-November/015037.html

Daniel

Peter Huis in 't Veld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using Mapserver for serving as a WMS I hav:e the following problem:
>
> When I change the info_format to text/plain the ouput looks fine but in
> case of text/html I get the following message:
>
>    msWMSFeatureInfo(): WMS server error. Unsupported INFO_FORMAT value
> (text/html).
>
> Within my map file I've defined  at Layer level:
>
> "wms_title"
> "wms_feature_info_mime_type" "text/html"
> "ows_feature_info_mime_type" "text/html"
> "wms_include_items" "text/html"
>

> HEADER  '/var/www/html/template.html'
> TEMPLATE '/var/www/html/template.html'
> FOOTER '/var/www/html/template.html'
>
> Did I forget something or can I force the request from the client
> (Openlayers) in such way it changes the info_format as part of  the
> request to "text/plain"?
>
> thanks for any support
>
> Peter

Daniel Morissette