[mapserver-users] php-mapscript compilation problem on OpenSuse 11.1/11.2

Martin Ouellet geomartino at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:57:42 EST 2009

Even with the mapserv-5.6-beta5, there's still no php_mapscript.so after the
compilation.  I notice one thing, the directory
"/usr/include/php5/dl" (which I see appear while the make command is
running) is missing on my server.

Could it be the problem?.

Here's my ./configure command:

configure: checking for PHP/MapScript module options...
user disabled shared library support.
checking for location of config.h or php_config.h...
/usr/include/php5/main/php_config.h
checking whether we have PHP3 or PHP4... -DPHP4
checking whether we should use PHP's regex... yes
       found regex.h - building PHP MapScript with PHP's bundled regex
       PHP/MapScript module configured.
checking if --enable-runpath requested... no
checking if --with-java-include-os-name specified... no, autodetected
linux
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating mapscript/php3/Makefile
config.status: creating mapscript/java/Makefile
config.status: creating mapscript/csharp/Makefile

MapServer is now configured for