[mapserver-users] Using UMN SOS with a database

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Nov 24 09:01:58 EST 2009

Carsten Heidmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any documentation available about setting up UMN Mapserver SOS
> with different data sources? I read the documentation at
> http://mapserver.org/ogc/sos_server.html which does not give me a clue
> about the necessary attributes let it be in a shapefile or in a database
> table. The only vague hints that I found are contained within the
> mailing list archives. Perhaps I am missing something very obvious, but
> it would be nice if someone could give me a hint.

Hello Carsten,

One thought that I have is that you could look at the 'required' layer
object metadata
(http://mapserver.org/ogc/sos_server.html#layer-object-metadata), each
required one should give you an idea of what attributes are required.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services