[mapserver-users] Export SVG

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Nov 25 18:39:26 EST 2009

Hi,

 Not sure I get it correctly: MapServer exports a vector file (the svg),
when you mention anti-aliasing, I believe you are referring to  an svg
viewer rendering the svg file?  From what I understand, the svg
specifications allows to specify some properties at the shape level for
example to give a hint to the viewers on how to render the different
shapes (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#ShapeRenderingProperty).
Depending on the viewer, I suppose some would respect these properties.
MapServer does not at the point setup these properties.  Is this what
you are looking for?

regards.

Maria Neywell wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> I have already tried this way to extract my map in a svg file and it
> works. _However_, I had a svg file which corresponds to my map but
> with a lot of aliasing. The FORMATOPTION "FULL_RESOLUTION=TRUE"
> changes nothing. I tested this with and without option.
>
> I don't know if I did something wrong or if this is a mapserver problem…
>
> am I the only one to have this problem ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Maria
>
> 2009/11/24 Yewondwossen Assefa <yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
> <mailto:yassefa at dmsolutions.ca>>
>
>     Hi,
>
>     You could  possibly specify FULL_RESOLUTION option in your
>     outputformat. Something like this:
>
>     OUTPUTFORMAT
>        NAME svg
>        MIMETYPE "image/svg+xml"
>        DRIVER svg
>       FORMATOPTION "FULL_RESOLUTION=TRUE"
>     END
>       best regards,
>
>     Maria Neywell wrote:
>
>         Hi list,
>
>         I'm using mapserver 5.2.
>
>         I have tested all mapserver exports to render my map in svg,
>         see : http://mapserver.org/output/svg.html but, the point is
>         that all of these outputs give me up simplified geometry. I
>         want to export my map in a svg with geometries who match
>         exactly with my map.
>
>         did someone noticed that same weird result ?
>
>         Regards,
>
>         Maria
>

>     --
>     ----------------------------------------------------------------
>     Assefa Yewondwossen           Software Analyst
>     Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca <mailto:assefa at dmsolutions.ca>
>      http://www.dmsolutions.ca/
>
>     Phone: (613) 565-5056 (ext 14)
>     Fax:   (613) 565-0925