[mapserver-users] Map from .OSM

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Thu Nov 26 02:20:51 EST 2009

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:21:42 -0800, Rahkonen Jukka
<Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:

> I have been thinking that perhaps pushing OSM data into SpatiaLite
> database would be a good solution for those who do not want to install
> PostGIS.  Such a converter does not exist at a moment, though.

Yes, that is an an attractive prospect. Right now to get there involves
creating shape-files first, and if you're going to do that you might as
well just use them directly for MapServer.

Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org/> has an OSM plugin that will load OSM files
or download from OSM servers, then save the data as shape-files
(reprojecting it if desired).

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.