[mapserver-users] Map from .OSM

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Nov 26 02:36:38 EST 2009

Hi,

Igor Brejc wrote interesting news today on osm-users mailing list:
" I've implemented importing of OSM data into SpatiaLite DB and integrated it successfully with Kosmos map rendering code. SpatiaLite OSM database can be quite fast, but I had to learn a trick or two to reach good performance. I even managed to import the latest UK data into it and it didn't complain too much.
I'm planning to release this in Kosmos v3, hopefully sometimes in the spring of 2010."

So there should be a SpatiaLite import utility available in the near future.  Next question is if Mapserver can render effectively from SpatiaLite.

-Jukka Rahkonen-