[mapserver-users] PGeo (Personal Geodatabases) options under Linux

Chuck Jungmann chuck at cpjj.net
Fri Nov 27 17:52:09 EST 2009

I have a Personal Geodatabase (PGeo) from which I would like to display
layers in MapServer on Ubuntu 9.04.  I have been fighting with MDBTools,
unixODBC, and GDAL for what seems like forever.  The ogrinfo and isql
fail with Segmentation Faults.

I have two questions:

1. Has anyone successfully used a PGeo file to display maps on MapServer
under Linux?  Perhaps my efforts were doomed from the start.

2. Since GDAL is using ODBC to read the MDB file, would using ODBC to
access MySQL be a transparent replacement, assuming I copy all of the
tables and indexes from the PGeo file to MySQL?  Has anyone done this?
I don't want to waste a lot of time on this if it's another dead end.

Thanks,
Chuck Jungmann