[mapserver-users] Mapserver 5.3.2 configure problems

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Nov 30 16:51:03 EST 2009

Matthew Pettis wrote:
> configure errors
>
> Trying to make configure work for mapserver-5.4.2.  I think I'm getting
> tripped up on libgd.  Here's the config I'm using:
>
> sudo ./configure --with-freetype=/usr/ --with-gd=/usr/
>
> I have libraries:
> /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6.3.16
> /usr/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0
> /usr/lib/libgd.so.2
> /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3.0.0

It seems that you are missing the libgd-dev (or libgd-devel) package on
your system. Depending on your OS you should use the package manager to
install this package. You need the -dev/-devel package for all the libs
that you point to in your configure command.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/