[mapserver-users] Character encoding in Query Results

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Sep 8 12:04:08 EDT 2009

I'm afraid this is a bug and should be reported in Trac. There's no code
in the template output that
capitalizes on the encoding values set elsewhere. One approach might be
to add encoding support
to the [item ...] tag. If you'd file a ticket along with a simple test
case I'd appreciate it.

Steve

<1252399717919-3601960.post at n2.nabble.com>,
mapcyp <erbugcelebi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using a shapefile that contians Turkish charaters (iso-8859-9)
in my
> MapServer application. I can display Labels properly on the map with
the
> following configuration:
>
> LAYER
> LABEL
> 	MINDISTANCE 150
> 	PARTIALS false
> 	TYPE truetype
> 	FONT "serif"
> 	SIZE 10
> 	POSITION CC
> 	OUTLINECOLOR 254 254 254
> 	COLOR 0 0 0
> 	ENCODING ISO-8859-9
> END
> END
>
> My problem arise when I get the result of my queries. The query
results
> contain wrong character as in the following.
>  	Name	Population	Area
>   	Dumlup�nar 	2702 	68km2 <<<<---- The character that has ?
mark is wrong.

> I have tried to solve this problem by defining LAYER_ENCODING in
LAYER