[mapserver-users] Show tiles only in current extent

Lucio Soto luciosoto at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 8 20:37:55 EDT 2009

yes sir buffer: 0, thanks a lot !!

Christopher Schmidt wrote:

  On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 05:21:34PM -0500, Steve Lime wrote:

    You're using OpenLayers? If so then that's a question for that mailing list I guess. There are configuration
options to limit the number of tiles retrieved. I believe it's a 'ratio' parameter passed when instantiating a
layer and if set to 1 you don't get anything beyond the view port.

ratio: Untiled, set to 1 for untiled image which is the same size as viewport
buffer: Tiled, set to 0 for minimal number of tile loads.

-- Chris

    Steve

          On 9/8/2009 at 12:08 PM, in message <1252429728233-3604671.post at n2.nabble.com>,

    luciosoto <luciosoto at hotmail.com> wrote:

      Hello everyone, i need your valuable help with this issue I have:

I'm running MapServer 4.8.1 over Apache 2.2.1 in Windows, and also TileCache
2.1 using mod_python, everything is great so far, but i want to improve the
performance when displaying the maps by only showing the tiles in the
current extent, let me explain: I've noticed that when I zoom in the
mapserver in some way (that I'm too stupid to find out) takes the
coordinates and starts sending the request to get the tiles one by one, i
see that sometimes it downloads up to 70 tiles when looking at the screen no
more than 20 would be neccesary to fill the screen, so that is the question,
how do i make mapserver to show me just the necessary stuff instead of
downloading tiles that are close to the visible area but are not necessary
anyway?

Thank a lot.