[mapserver-users] Howto: WMS abstract for root layer?

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Wed Sep 9 09:05:50 EDT 2009

True.  Root Layer abstract metadata is not supported (note that group
level title/abstract is).

> If it is missing two possible solutions could be evaluated:
> 1) reusing the abstract of the service section or

We could, but then again I'm not sure how useful this would be, as it
would be identical to the service abstract.

>2) adding a
> new metadata keyword, e.g. wms_abstract_rootlayer.

We'd probably want to set a suite of these, i.e.:

wms_rootlayer_title
wms_rootlayer_abstract
wms_rootlayer_keywordlist

...which would exist at the MAP/WEB/METADATA level.  Thoughts?