[mapserver-users] Variable Substitution

Martin Kofahl M.Kofahl at gmx.net
Thu Sep 10 01:35:09 EDT 2009

Hi Julien,
I think I missed something in my configuration as I thought, a cookie set using apaches rewrite mechanism is already visible for mapserv in the first request.

But now there's a general problem when using this technique with separate authentication mechanisms: a cookie is handled equate with get/post-request parameters and is processed last. Thus, when using a variable in a data statement, e.g. 'select ... where uid=%user%', one can easily override a cookie holding the username by adding '&user=foreign_account' to the request_uri.

So I'm not perfectly satisfied using this for authorization purposes. What do you think?

Martin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------