[mapserver-users] Problem with WMS Request through Mapserver

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Sep 18 16:40:26 EDT 2009

Hi There,

Maybe you could do a GetCapabilities request on the WMS server and see
what are the types of exceptions that are supported by the server. It
might support other exceptions than the application/vnd.ogc.se_inimage.
if that is the case, you can set a layer level metadata called
ows_exception to the one that is supported. Something like:
   METADATA
    "ows_exception" "supported_exception"
   END

best regards,

Robert Hicks wrote:
> I am making a WMS request from a simple OpenLayers client to Mapserver
> which is in turn calling another WMS server. My problem is, is that the
> call from MapServer to the secondary WMS server has an extra paramater
> tacked on: EXCEPTIONS=application/vnd.ogc.se_inimage (I saw this going
> through Wire Shark which is a packet sniffer), and when I grab the exact
> call, strip out that argument, the image returns fine. Is there a way to
> specify, in the map file, that I either do not want this? Note, that the
> request coming from OpenLayers does not have this argument (I found this
> out via Firebug).
>
> Here is a layer out of my map file:
>
>  LAYER
>   # name of layer