[mapserver-users] Is there TileCache for MS4W tutorial?

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Sep 19 09:46:25 EDT 2009

Michael Shishcu wrote:
> Hi
> there are some links, if this helps
> http://viswaug.wordpress.com/2008/02/03/setting-up-tilecache-on-iis/
> http://oegeo.wordpress.com/2008/03/08/the-5-minute-guide-to-setting-up-tilecache-on-windows/
> http://oegeo.wordpress.com/2008/03/10/tilecache-on-windows-part-2-mod_python/
>
> regards, michael
>
> 2009/9/19 Rahkonen Jukka <Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
> <mailto:Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>>
>
>     Hi,
>
>     This time I would like to try TileCache.  Is there any step-by-step
>     tutorial available about how to install TileCache in front of
>     Mapserver MS4W?  Getting TileCache CGI running would be enough to
>     start with but mod_python interests me also.

If you are using the latest ms4w (ms4w 3.0-beta7), there is also a demo
tool package for ms4w that does tilecache through MapServer. There is a
small read me (README.txt) in the package that shows how it should work
with the the gmap sample data set:

- http://maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html (Tilecache
MapServer (WMS-C tilecache through MapServer) :
http://maptools.org/dl/ms4w/ms-tilecache.zip

- http://maptools.org/dl/ms4w/gmap_ms4w_ms5.zip

regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen