[mapserver-users] Mapscript taking too long on my production server

Nelson Correia nelsonwc7 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 21 06:16:23 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm doing an application in C# that uses mapscript to generate images. The features come from a postgis database.

On my development machine all goes well and the image is always generated in less than 1 second. When I deployed the application to my two production servers (both powerfull than my dev machine), I noticed a very strange behavior: it takes +-20 seconds to generate the same image. Doing some debug on what's happening, I realized that was the call to mapObj.draw() method that was taking all that time.

Thinking it could be a database related problem, (note that I'm using a local database) I've inspected the server logs and saw that the query only arrived at the database after that 20 seconds. So, the time is being taken in the draw, but before the database call.

Anyone have a clue on what could be happening?

Thanks,

Nelson