[mapserver-users] Maps based on external data

Varun saraf vsaraf.gmu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:24:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am using mapserver to generate map overlays for google (using
tiles). I was wondering if there is a way in which I can color code
the map based on external data (data not available in the dbf file). I
was able to join the external data and display to the user when a
click event happened but could not figure out a way in which mapserver
can color code using expressions and classes. Is the only way to this
is combining the external data with the existing dbf file?

Thanks,
Varun