[mapserver-users] getFeatures of the clicked shape

Medve Zsolt medvezs84 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 08:01:26 EDT 2010

Hy !

I have a problem with getting an ID of a shape
This is the code i use:

$layer = $map->getLayerByName('sde1','sde2','sde3','sde4');
if ($layer->getNumResults() == 1) {
     $res = $layer->getResult(0);
     $layer->open();
     $shape = $layer->getFeature($res->shapeindex, $res->tileindex);
     $id = $shape->ID;
     $layer->close();
}

I,think it puts the ID's of all of the shapes what the spaefile contain.
Am i think right?

How can i put only the clicked shape's ID to the $id variable?

I am able to get the clicked X and Y coords from a Js code, it is
usefull to get the ID of the clicked shape?

Thanks a lot for the answers,
Zsolt