[mapserver-users] WMS GetfeatureInfo (GetMap Formats)

"SAEZ Laurent - CETE Méditerr./DI/ETER" Laurent.Saez at developpement-durable.gouv.fr
Fri Apr 2 08:35:37 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have some problems with WMS / GetCapabilities responses .
The format proposed in section GetMap are not really those that can
provide MapServer.
According to the documentation
(http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_client.html): "...  Also note that WMS
Servers only advertize supported formats that are part of the GD/GDAL
libraries.". And unfortunately this is true!
If I add one OUTPUTFORMAT  that uses the driver AGG to generate (for
example "image / png") that format is no longer presented in the WMS /
GetCapabilities.

Some software, such as MapInfo ®, interrogates, and it is normal, the
server in a format advertized in the GetCapabilities. So I'm stuck and I
can't use my WMS layers in MapInfo ® because the styles I use in my
mapfiles require the AGG driver.

Do you have a solution to manage the advertiz of formats in the WMS /
GetCapabilities GetMap for?
I tried Wms_getmap_formatlist , but it changes nothing.

Regards

Laurent