[mapserver-users] Custom Draw Shape by User

Varun saraf vsaraf.gmu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:08:59 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am using mapserver as tile layer (USA county boundaries) on google
maps. I have been given a requirement where a user, can go to a
specific zoom level on the maps and draw a custom shape (mostly a
poygon Using GPolygon) on google maps. I then need to provide the user
with an average data of all the counties that fall within this custom
shape. Now, I can fetch the data for every county the user clicks on,
but if the user does not click on a county but it still falls within
the custom shape, is there a way for me to know the same?? Is there a
way to provide this custom shape to mapserver using the geo latitude
and longitide, so mapserver itself can give me the list of all
counties that fall within this?

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,
Varun