[mapserver-users] Issues with Mapserver/PostGIS and Cyrilic characters

Frode Wiseth Jørgensen frodewj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 07:25:50 EDT 2010

Hi all

We are having issues with Mapserver/PostGIS and Cyrilic characters.

We uses PostgreSQL/PostGIS (v1.5) and MS4W v2.3.1.
We're using Windows 7 as OS.

In PostgreSQL we have a database in UTF8 with a table containing geometry
and some fields with cyrilic characters/values.

A Select statement in PostgreSQL with a WHERE statement involving cyrilic
chararcters returns correct answer.

A Mapserver LAYER with at CLASS and EXPRESSION using the same cyrilic
characters does not return a answer.
This is the expression: EXPRESSION ('[navn]' = 'Призрен')

Has anybody some tips regarding this?

Cheers
Frode