[mapserver-users] mapserver as a tiling client for an untiled WMS

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH michael.smith at usace.army.mil
Sun Apr 18 06:15:12 EDT 2010

Marco,

To use the GDAL WMS Minidriver, create an XML file like below and then
reference that xml file in your MapServer layer. For more info about the
format of the WMS xml, see here http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wms.html

Example xml
-----------

<GDAL_WMS>
  <Service name="WMS">
      <Version>1.1.1</Version>
 <ServerUrl>http://hazards.fema.gov/wmsconnector/wmsconnector/com.esri.wms.E
srimap/NFHL?transparent=true&</ServerUrl>
        <SRS>EPSG:4326</SRS>
        <Layers>Flood_Hazard_Zones_General</Layers>
        <Styles>default</Styles>
        <ImageFormat>image/gif</ImageFormat>
    </Service>
    <DataWindow>
        <UpperLeftX>-180.0</UpperLeftX>
        <UpperLeftY>90.0</UpperLeftY>
        <LowerRightX>180.0</LowerRightX>
        <LowerRightY>-90.0</LowerRightY>
        <TileLevel>19</TileLevel>
        <TileCountX>2</TileCountX>
        <TileCountY>1</TileCountY>
    </DataWindow>
    <Projection>EPSG:4326</Projection>
    <BlockSizeX>1024</BlockSizeX>
    <BlockSizeY>1024</BlockSizeY>
    <BandsCount>3</BandsCount>
     <Cache>
        <Path>/htdocs/orm/gdalwmscache</Path>
        <Depth>2</Depth>
        <Extension>.gif</Extension>
     </Cache>
  <AdviseRead>true</AdviseRead>
  <VerifyAdviseRead>true</VerifyAdviseRead>
</GDAL_WMS>

----------------

Mapfile section
---------------