[mapserver-users] Does Mapserver WCS 1.0.0 respect OFFSITE of tileindex layer?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Apr 20 03:42:45 EDT 2010

Hi Armin,

Thanks a lot for you. All I had to do for getting perfect seamless
images also through WCS was to:

- Convert shapefile tileindex into .vrt with gdalbuildvrt from FWTools
2.4.2 package.  No parameters were needed, it was  enough to give a
command simply as > gdalbuildvrt M085_WMS.vrt m085_wms.shp
- Edit a mapfile to read this .vrt file instead of tileindex
        #TILEINDEX "d:/data/M085_WMS"
        DATA "d:/data/M085_WMS.vrt"

I made a ticket #3434 about this for Mapserver WCS component. I am not
sure if it is the correct. If developers think that WCS does not need to
support tileindex properly then it should be mentioned in the
documentation and this ticket belongs to Mapserver Documentation
component instead.

-Jukka Rahkonen-