[mapserver-users] Re: Mapscript c# VS 2010 framework 4 and memoryleaks - Found word(s) list error in the Text body [Keyword]

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:41:13 EDT 2010

2010/4/22 James Perrins <james.perrins at gmail.com>:

> Need to add:
>
> using System.Security;
> [assembly: SecurityRules(SecurityRuleSet.Level1)]
>
> I haven't yet found anything that says where you can do this once for
> an assembly - or whether you have to mark each class (probably doesn't
> hurt to mark each class) - all the examples are a bit trivial

James,

You could add this line in
AssemblyInfo.cs<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/mapserver/mapscript/csharp/config/AssemblyInfo.cs>which
won't be re-generated during the build process.  However I'd be
curious to know whether this change breaks the existing builds with
VS2003/VS2005/VS2008. If yes, then this addition should be conditional to
VS2010 only.

> I've found some source in a slightly different location from your
suggestions:
> ~\mapserver-5-6\mapscript\
> csharp

Ah, it seems I was referring to the GDAL project, but it seems you've
already found it.

> As an aside (and why I've been caught with this) is that referencing
> the mapscript_csharp.dll in a CLR 4 app works in design mode
> apparently fine.  Its only when you try and run the compiled exe (or
> as it turns out switch off "suppress jit optimization on module load
> (managed code only)").  At that point even trying to load a mapObj
> results in numerous memory errrors

It would be helpful to submit a new
ticket<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/newticket>for this issue and
describe your experiences here.