[mapserver-users] Disregard ECW header for TFW in TILEINDEX ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 26 10:41:00 EDT 2010

Lars I. Nielsen (GisPro) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up Mapserver as a WMS server, serving multiple
> seamless coverages consisting of ECW raster tiles.
>
> My problem is, that the ECW files have been delivered with faulty header
> information, and there's too many to fix manually, and the error cannot
> easily be remedied programmatically.
>
> However, I have generated TFW files for each tile that are correct, but
> how do I force Mapserver to use the TFW files and disregard the faulty
> ECW header ?

Lars,

As it happens this is not a unique situation and MapServer itself has some
logic to address it.  If you add:

   PROCESSING "EXTENT_PRIORITY=WORLD"

to your layer definition, then world files will be searched for in preference
to using the georeferencing returned by GDAL.   I'm not sure exactly when this
was incorporated but I imagine it is in 5.4 and later.  Also the file extension
should likely be either .eww or .wld, not .tfw for ecw files.

Best regards,