[mapserver-users] Re: WMS and tiles cutting off

Adam Eskreis aeskreis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 14:24:08 EDT 2010

I have thought about using tilecache with metatiling, however there is a
caveat about this map that i forgot to mention in my main post, and it has
to do with that "categories" parameter.  Basically, each point/symbol on the
map has an associated category in the database backend.  I am using
mapserver/WMS parameters to change the categories which are called.  Each
time the user selects a category, only the points in that category are
shown.  My query in the mapfile looks something like thi:

SELECT point_geom,gid,symbol,angle FROM mapdata WHERE category
IN(%CATEGORIES%)";

And each time the user changes the categories, I use openlayers to merge new
parameters, and input the new category values that should be used.  Is
tilecache still useable if I have a system like this set up?

Thanks,
-Adam