[mapserver-users] mapserver-chameleon framework, warning?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Aug 9 11:14:17 EDT 2010

elisabeth theresia wrote:

> but, i still try, write down mapfile then initialize.phtml with
> cwc2.css, then i got warning like this :
>

> "*Warning*: session_start() [function.session-start
> <http://localhost/appweb/function.session-start>]: Cannot send session
> cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at
> I:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\appweb\index.phtml:4) in
> *i:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\chameleon\htdocs\common\session\session.php* on
> line *509*

You get this because your index.phtml script generates some output (i.e.
the 3 lines of HTML header at the beginning) before the Chameleon
session initialization. Make sure there is nothing before the opening
<?php tag in your index.phtml script.

Note that your HTML template already contains the HTML header block
anyway, so you should not need to include any HTML stuff in your
index.phtml.

And with respect to the second message:

> *Notice* : Undefined variable: szMapFile in
> *I:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\appweb\index.phtml* on line *21"

PHP variable names are case-sensitive. At the beginning of your script
you set $szMapfile=... and at line 21, you use $szMapFile with an
uppercase "F"... that's what this "Undefined variable: szMapFile..."
error is trying to tell you.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette