[mapserver-users] Re: About shapefile generation in PHP with DBF

Cristiano Sumariva sumariva at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 13:13:06 EDT 2010

Yes I want data creation/conversion from a user interactive query generated
from a set of tables.

I maded some executions of ogr2ogr.
This tool looked as a good solution.
The problem is that the results may take long to execute( in case of a join
between two tables like 10 million rows  history info and a 10 thousand
spatial feature table ).
I will first try execute this tool by launching a PHP monitor script process
using a shared memory buffer.
With the -progress flag i will try parse the output string to show some kind
of progress bar.
Put the monitor to sleep and in case of an abort/timeout from client kill
the ogr2ogr process and free system resources.
On client side I will pool server for status info.