[mapserver-users] MrSID How To

Simone Frigerio simone.frigerio at univie.ac.at
Wed Aug 11 16:28:36 EDT 2010

I tested gdal and it support MrSID format, but sometimes it didn't work.
The reason should be Windows OS or original type of raster (before the
compression in .sid format). Inmy case the problem was for 3-bands aerial
images.
I solved the problem with .ecw format, similar as compression rate and
quality result.
Hope that helps.

Simone