[mapserver-users] RE: How to use tele atlas data to publish the bridge structure?

Edward Mac Gillavry emacgillavry at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 15 07:11:01 EDT 2010

The Network (_NW) table contains all of the topological Transportation Elements
(Roads, Ferries, Address Area Boundaries Elements) within the MultiNet shapefile. In the table, there are two columns, F_ELEV and T_ELEV that contain the relative elevations at the start and end of the road links respectively.

By "dividing" or "splitting up", I assumed you meant to have the road links in different layers in your map file so the relative elevation of the road links follows the drawing order of the map. In the DATA directive following the CONNECTIONTYPE "postgis" and CONNECTION "host=servername dbname=databasename password=xxx user=xxx", you create your SQL statement using the values in the F_ELEV and T_ELEV columns:
-  value 0: represents  Ground Z Level (default)
-  values from -9 to 9: Level -9 to Level 9, resp. from Lowest to Highest Z Level

Tele Atlas have a white paper available "Open Source Map Rendering Tutorial" (http://developerlink.teleatlas.com/documents.cfm?documentID=250) that covers GeoServer. Also, there is another white paper "Load Into PostgreSQL/PostGIS" (http://developerlink.teleatlas.com/pages/190_white_papers.cfm).

kind regards,

Edward