[mapserver-users] Load web error in Map server.

Wim Vanbelle wimvanbelle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 02:54:08 EDT 2010

Do you want the map to be displayed in a html page, or do you just need the
pic?

In the latter case, you could try to just query the following link:
http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w2/apps/tutorial/htdocs/basic.map&layer=states&mode=map<http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w2/apps/tutorial/htdocs/basic.map&layer=states&zoom=0&mode=browse&root=/tutorial&program=/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe&map_web=template+basic.html>

I also suggest you use the typical hello world to test and try your
mapserver (and get a feel for it). Depending on what your ultimate goal is,
you may or may not need the web templates at all.

This would be a simple sample of a hello world map:

MAP
 NAME "Hello_World"
 SIZE 400 300
 IMAGECOLOR 249 245 186
 IMAGETYPE png
 EXTENT -1.00 -1.00 1.00 1.00

 LAYER
        STATUS default
        TYPE point
        FEATURE
                POINTS 0.0 0.0 END
                TEXT "Hello World"
        END # end feature
        CLASS
                STYLE
                COLOR 255 0 0
        END
        LABEL
                TYPE bitmap
        END
 END
 END
 END

Considering its named hello.map, you'd get an image by browsing to
http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w2/apps/helloworld/hello.map&mode=map<http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w2/apps/tutorial/htdocs/basic.map&layer=states&zoom=0&mode=browse&root=/tutorial&program=/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe&map_web=template+basic.html>

(Don't forget to add the helloworld map in the apps directory)