[mapserver-users] Build 5.6.5 with AGG, weird error

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Tue Aug 17 12:15:23 EDT 2010

Hey Stephen, nice to hear from you. :)

> You should not need to download, build and install agg anymore.

Sounds good. I have uninstalled it; that is, deleted libagg.a and the
include files.

But that doesn't solve the build issue. I still get that linking error:

`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN9mapserver18rasterizer_sl_clipINS_12ras_conv_intEE7line_toINS_19rasterizer_cells_aaINS_7cell_aaEEEEEvRT_ii'
referenced in section `.rodata' of
./libmapserver.a(agg_font_freetype.o): defined in discarded section
`.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN9mapserver18rasterizer_sl_clipINS_12ras_conv_intEE7line_toINS_19rasterizer_cells_aaINS_7cell_aaEEEEEvRT_ii'
of ./libmapserver.a(agg_font_freetype.o)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [shp2img] Error 1

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."