[mapserver-users] How to shift a WMS cascade?

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at uni-dortmund.de
Thu Aug 19 17:02:48 EDT 2010

Hi there,

this is my mapfile for a WMS cascade:
http://www.privatepaste.com/37c0140648

The Serbian WMS servs EPSG:4326 only, but they're using wrong
parameters for shifting their local CRS to WGS84. They're
informed, but they don't or can't change it.

I've calculated that the shift is exaclty 0.000142756837599066
degress and doesn't change over the complete bounding box.

I've written a small script in Mapscript, which adds this
value to the BBOX. It works perfectly, but I would like to
do the job in my mapfile.

I tried changing the layer's PROJECTION to something crazy,
which should change the whole result ... but it didn't change
anything:

PROJECTION
   "proj=longlat"
   "ellps=bessel"
   "datum=potsdam"
   "no_defs"
END

Seems like "wms_srs" in METADATA superseeds all other
settings if both projections are longlat ;-(

Any idea?

Best regards,
Tobias