[mapserver-users] Need help tracking down mapserv seg fault

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Aug 19 16:56:56 EDT 2010

Johan Forsman wrote:

> In other words, all along this was a path issue that was not evident from the console while in the correct data directory, and somehow the failure to find the csv caused the mapserv seg fault.
>
> Note to self: Always try with full pathnames. Sometimes it really is the obvious stuff.

Glad to hear that you found the solution in the end. MapServer should
really produce an error message and not seg fault in this case.

If you are able to package a small test case and some instructions to
reproduce the issue, then please file a ticket in Trac (see
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/) and we'll try to fix MapServer so that
it produces an error instead of a seg fault in this case. Please add
'dmorissette' in the CC field of the ticket to make sure I see it.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/