[mapserver-users] Mapserver tile generation - google maps

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Aug 24 00:45:03 EDT 2010

If you are using mode=tile, then this is a known limitation on the
mapserver side. There is a plan for 6.0 to add tilecache support to
mapserver that would allow you to generate meta tiles and chop the tiles
into a tilecache which is the way to resolve the artifacts you are seeing.

You can add yourself the CC on this bug if you want to follow it. There
is also an RFC for the mode=tile which I don't have handy that should
give you more information on the limitations and feature of that.

Hope this helps,
  -Steve W